Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sand Man

Who wants to put their hand in the sand ... what grains of truth might you find?

OK, so tonight is a rant.  It's all about what I hate about living in a sandpit. For those of you who haven't experience it, this may be purely ramble; to those of you who've been or are here .... you may get exactly where I'm coming from.

#1  The SAND.  It's everywhere.  Not only on the ground (where you'd expect it), but in your eyes, your nose, your hair.  It's on your shoes, your clothes, your car, your furniture.  It's in your house, your office, your gym.  It gets into every nook and cranny.  You open the window for a bit of fresh air, and a gust of wind carries a gazillion dust particles into your home, creating havoc with your sinuses, your lungs, your eyes.  Your eyes ...... my eyes used to be my best feature ... now they sting - constantly.  They burn and they itch and they sting; I am tormented.  I squint, I glint, I rub them til they ache.  The sand blasts you raw.  This is not the sand of a crystal white beach ... this is the sand that carries bacteria into our homes and infests our water and clogs electrical equipment and water drains.  It is the sand that colors everything BEIGE.

#2  The BEIGE.  The beige coats everything.  Even houses once painted pink.  It is everywhere you look; from the desert floor to the desert sky.  It is every house, every car, every thing.  It is me ... I walk around with beige hair, feeling quite beige.  It makes me FADE.

#3  The FADE.  Everything fades here.  Clothes, curtains, furniture, car upholstery.  Our hair fades from constant exposure to the sun.  Our spirit fades from the constant exposure to a cash & ego flow that extinguishes any desire for or aspiration to freedom of speech, free will, or creativity.  Anything that shone becomes LACKLUSTER.

#4  The LACKLUSTER of it all.   I have seen chandeliers that outweigh some small jet craft.  I've seen private yachts that rival cruise ships.  I've seen homes filled with waterfalls, gardens and spas.  I've seen women of 60 looking like they just stepped out of their 30's.  I've seen countless Ferrarris and Bentleys, and BWS and Jags.  And I've grown immune.  Everything is common.  How sad....

No comments:

Post a Comment